Welcome to Open Talk Magazine. Founded January 2010 by Larry West, President and CEO of Merkur Investments Corporation, Open Talk Magazine brings you something different than most magazines in that its aim is to not be bounded to a specific targeted market, but rather “wide open” to all topics that cover most aspects of human life.
Open Talk Magazine is a 100% free, non-subscription based online magazine created for the "people" of the Internet community. It specializes in educating, mentoring, empowering and inspiring others—covering issues and challenges that we as human beings face or will come to face on a daily basis while living on earth.
Young and old alike will find many helpful, insightful, enlightening, and beneficial topics that they can use to better educate themselves on how to take on something that they are either going through, or will be going through in their lives. Our articles are written through the author's wisdom, experiences, research, education, intellect—as well as common sense. This allows for “connectedness” between the reader and the article with the purpose of helping, improving and changing his or her life for the better.
The Magazine covers a broad range of categories and topics—all to capture as many aspects of human life as possible including:
- Love & Relationships – relationships are the backbone of human life. Humans by nature are social creatures and need love, affection and affinity to live long and happy lives. Here you will find articles covering the aspects of love and relationships including: sexual relationships, family, friendships, relations between siblings, associates and alike.
- Life & Living – here you will find articles covering things we experience or will experience in life. Such as cooking and dining, job and career, dealing with life stresses, gaining wisdom through other's experiences, social issues, pressures and more—you can't have a life without living!
- Health & Nutrition – your health and nutrition will determine how you feel on a day to day basis. It's also vital to how you will age over the years. Diseases are a part of life, but many times can be treated and even avoided. Here you will find articles covering the aspects of living a long and healthy life.
- Glamour & Beauty – taking care of ourselves is a human trait that makes us feel good about ourselves. Maintaining your outer beauty is important for sex appeal, social appeal, and acceptance; as well as self-worth, confidence and security. Here you will find articles covering hair, skin, and all the little things that mean so much.
- Fashion & Style – dressing for power, finding the right clothing that accentuates your body, fashion do’s and don’ts, latest trends and tips; here you will find articles covering non-celebrity fashion for us regular folk.
- Exercise & Fitness – exercise and fitness are critical components to a more balanced and stress free life. When we make exercise and fitness a part of our daily lives, we will find ourselves feeling less stressed, more energized and even more productive. Here you will find articles that provide great tips and knowledge on exercise and fitness.
- Travel & Adventure – we all need to blow off steam and enjoy ourselves every now and then. Here you will find articles covering various aspects of travelling, vacationing and taking on new adventures.
- Money Talk – let’s talk about money! The better relationship you have with money, the better off you will be financially. Here you will find articles to help you get a better grip on the different aspects of money.
- It’s Political – like it or not, politics affect our lives in one way or another, directly or indirectly. Here you will find various topics that fall into the more political side of life.
- Teen Spot – the teenage years are the most fun, confusing, frustrating, and just down-right difficult years of life. Here teenagers will find articles to help them through these difficult years and provide answers to many lingering questions.
- Technology – new discoveries, breakthroughs, gadgets and more. Technology makes life fun and easier. Here you will find articles that revolve around technology.
- Empowerment Zone – as we go through life, we will all at some point find ourselves disappointed, confused, hurt, angry, depressed, or not so confident about our future. Here you will find articles to help you see things through a different “eye”; to help you turn away from the “darker” side and lean more towards the “lighter” side of things.
Since we all struggle in life in one way or another, and often feel lost, confused, or lack a certain direction or confidence about our future; whether you are male or female; 10 years old or 70 years old; live in New York City or Clarence, Louisiana—Open Talk Magazine strives to include something helpful and beneficial to everybody that falls in the category of "human being" with the mission of helping, improving and changing the world one person at a time.
From The Founder of Open Talk Magazine
“Personal growth, improvements and achievements are of major importance in my life and because of this, I’m a person that’s always seeking knowledge, education and wisdom to help me obtain that in which keeps me afloat and on top of the game.
Over time I've come to possess an abundance of knowledge as well as a powerful way of thinking. I believe; the direction in which your life takes is solely based on the way you think. If you think negative, your life will go in a negative direction, and if you think positive, your life will go in a position direction.
Being quite knowledgeable on different aspects of life and various topics, I’ve found that I enjoy helping others through sharing the knowledge and wisdom I’ve obtained over the years. Family members, friends, associates, and colleagues alike often come to me for help, tips, words of wisdom and direction.
There is a certain satisfaction I receive when a person, after speaking or conversing with me, gets something inspirational or useful for their life that benefits them, or even change their thought processes, and the way they go about doing things on a daily basis that ultimately results in a change for the better.
Then the question arose, If I get a certain gratification from helping people in my life or those who cross my path through sharing, then wouldn’t helping people on a much larger scale be even more gratifying? So, why not create a way in which I could help, improve or change the lives of millions one person at a time!”
And with one simple question, Open Talk Magazine was born!
Larry West: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Signs of Knowing” submissions: email@example.com